Dashboards & Visualizations

Export filtered dashboard to report/csv

BearMormont
Path Finder

I have a dashboard that features two panels. Each panel has it's own search base, and the results of the bottom panel are filtered based on a selection made in the top panel.

What I would like to do is include a button or something on the dashboard so once the user has filtered the data in the dashboard to just the values they are interested in they can click a button (or some similar mechanism) and have results export to report or search window or CSV. I know each panel has an export button on it but that exports the values of those panels individually. What I would like to do is open a completely new search using token values from each panel.

Is such a thing possible?

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

A workaround is possible,have you explored the dashboard drilldown features?
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/Viz/DrilldownIntro

Now, this allows you to open a new window on clicking a cell / row in a panel.
in your case i would recommend having something like having a second dashboard combining the results of the 2 panels.
Now, implement a drill down FROM the second panel to open the second dashboard from a row/cell value from the second panel, typically this would work like clicking a row in the second panel which would then open up the second dashboard in a new window
Excerpt from the above splunk doc - In the drilldown editor, you can opt out of opening the drilldown target in a new tab. In Simple XML, add the target="blank" attribute to a to open the target in a new tab.
You could also consider the export button at the dashboard level which should export BOTH panels as a pdf, if that is suiting your needs

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...