Dashboards & Visualizations

Enable vertical scrolling in dashboard panel?

the_wolverine
Champion

I have an event list in my dashboard. I am able to increase the number of events displayed but I really want to fix the panel height and provide a vertical scroller so users can scroll down to see additional events.

How would I enable vertical scrolling in a panel? Is this possible? If so, can someone please provide an example?

0 Karma
1 Solution

the_wolverine
Champion

Instead of adding a vertical scroller, you can add paginators to your panel to allow users to click through pages of results. Example:

<dashboard>
<label>My Dashboard with Paginators</label>
    <row>
    <event>
<title>Title of Search - Splunk Errs Last 24</title>
    <searchString>index=_internal source=*splunkd.log error host=* NOT DEBUG</searchString>
<earliestTime>-24h</earliestTime>
  <option name="count">10</option>
  <option name="showPager">true</option>
  <option name="displayRowNumbers">false</option>
</event>
</row>
</dashboard>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

SreeragM
Explorer

try this css property on the div

overflow-y: scroll

-Sreerag

the_wolverine
Champion

Instead of adding a vertical scroller, you can add paginators to your panel to allow users to click through pages of results. Example:

<dashboard>
<label>My Dashboard with Paginators</label>
    <row>
    <event>
<title>Title of Search - Splunk Errs Last 24</title>
    <searchString>index=_internal source=*splunkd.log error host=* NOT DEBUG</searchString>
<earliestTime>-24h</earliestTime>
  <option name="count">10</option>
  <option name="showPager">true</option>
  <option name="displayRowNumbers">false</option>
</event>
</row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...