Dashboards & Visualizations

Enable Filter

parthiban
Path Finder

Hi Team,

I have two dashboards designed for specific sets of locations. My plan is to consolidate them into a single dashboard, utilizing filters to distinguish between different locations.

For instance, locations aaa, bbb, ccc, and ddd pertain to the inContact application, while locations eee, fff, ggg, and hhh belong to the Genesys application.

Location value is in marketing area field

marketing-area": "aaa" 

I need to enable a filter for both inContact and Genesys. Clicking on inContact should display relevant locations, and similarly, clicking on Genesys should show the corresponding locations.

Please let me know if any input required.

Labels (3)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@parthiban - You need to use a dependant Dropdown filter. Here is reference example - https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/How-to-create-multiple-dependent-dropdowns...

I hope this helps!!! Kindly upvote if this helps!!

0 Karma

parthiban
Path Finder

Hi @VatsalJagani 

Thank you for your response.

I have a set of dashboards for inContact and Genesys, and I want to combine them into a single dashboard.

InContact has a separate set of locations, and Genesys has its own distinct locations. I plan to group the locations and store them in a single variable, such as "inContact" and "Genesys," and then add filters for inContact and Genesys.  I have shared a Genesys dashboard for your reference. Prior to the country filter, I intend to incorporate an application filter (Genesys or InContact).

parthiban_0-1705940392217.png

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@parthiban - You can all panels into single dashboard and hide/show panels based on which dropdown option is selected.

Here is reference - https://lantern.splunk.com/Splunk_Platform/Product_Tips/Searching_and_Reporting/Hiding_rows_or_panel...

I hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

parthiban
Path Finder

Hi @VatsalJagani 

The scenario is here, the similar panel and query used for both dashboards, with the only difference being the location. I hope you understand my query.

0 Karma

parthiban
Path Finder

Hi team,

Could you please support on my request.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...