Dashboards & Visualizations

Dynamic drilldown dashboard

anirudhgl

I have a dashboard in which i have one table chart. In column a of that table i have some 5-7 values. Whenever i click any value of table it is getting drill-down to other dashboard. Each value of column A has different kind of drilldown dashboard. for example if i click on first value it shows 4 charts in drilldown dashboard and when click on second value drilldown to separate dashboard having 3 charts. None of the drilldown dashboard shows same kind of data and charts.
So is it possible in splunk that i can have one dynamic drilldown dashboard for all value and whenever i click on any column A value the drilldown dashboard must show all the panels as per the click value. It will pass the table's column A value in drilldown dashboard and accorrding to that value the drilldown dashboard shows charts.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anirudhgl,

Please try this.

<drilldown>
    <condition match="$click.value2|s$=&quot; <some-value-here-no-space-on-both-the-sides> &quot;">
      <link>
          <![CDATA[
             /app/your_app_name/dashboard_name?column_clicked=$click.name2$&value_clicked=$click.value2$
          ]]>
      </link>
    </condition>
   ...... more conditions with match ...........

<condition>       <!-- condition without match is like else, if nothing matched this link will be used. -->
      <link>
          <![CDATA[
             /app/your_app_name/dashboard_name?column_clicked=$click.name2$&value_clicked=$click.value2$
          ]]>
      </link>
    </condition>
 </drilldown>

Hope this helps!!!

0 Karma

sachinbansal

Hi Harsh,

With your above resolution we have to create separate drilldown dashboard for all value present in source dashboard So whichever value gets clicked it will drilldown to that specific dahboard.
Is there any way that we can have one drilldown dashboard and whatever value we click on in source dashboard it should update the panels in that dashboard only.

Thanks,
Sachin

0 Karma

harshpatel
Contributor

Hi @sachinbansal,

You don't have to create different dashboards. You can show panels based on tokens set like the following:

<panel depends="$token1$">
    your panel xml here...
</panel>
0 Karma

sachinbansal

Hi @harshpatel ,

Sorry man but did not get your point. In which dashboard we need to use that and how is it gonna work?
Thanks

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@sachinbansal - What Harsh is saying is that, with depends in row and panel you can hide row or panel from the dashboard, when you set the $token1$ then only panel will be shown to dashboard.

When you go to /app/your_app_name/dashboard_name?column_clicked=$click.name2$ link Splunk automatically set token column_clicked in the dashboard.
So if you have some panel depends on this token it will be visible in dashboard. Other panels might be depends on other token will not be visible.

0 Karma

sachinbansal

@VatsalJagani - So we will get the clicked value in column_clicked token and in drill down dashboard we have to set different token as per the value we have in column_clicked token and then make specific panel depends on specific token.
Am i right?

Thanks

0 Karma

harshpatel
Contributor

@sachinbansal Yes correct

0 Karma

sachinbansal

Great. So one more thing can iwe similarly change the panel and dashboard label of drilldown dashboard as per the value we have clicked on in source dashboard.
Does tokens work under label tag?

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure about dashboard label, but it works in panel or chart title.

0 Karma

harshpatel
Contributor

Hi @anirudhgl ,

You can set the value of the token passed to the drilldown dashboard based on the column clicked as follows:

<drilldown>
   <link>
       <![CDATA[
       ]]>
   </link>
</drilldown>

Also, you can find different tokens available at drilldown here: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.6/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#Predefined_dri...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...