Dashboards & Visualizations

Dynamic Dropdown Timeframe

VirTechSystems

I have created a form that shows web filter events from our firewall. It shows data in the format of date, time, computer, category, page.

I have added a dynamic dropdown to the form to specify the category, but I would like the data populated in it restricted to the time selected on the form.

Here are the elements

<input type="dropdown" token="category">
<label>Category</label>
<populatingSavedSearch fieldForValue="category" fieldForLabel="category">Webfilter Categories - Blocked</populatingSavedSearch>
<choice value="*">Any</choice>
</input>

<input type="time">
<label>Time</label>
<default>Last 24 Hours</default>
</input>

I know of the attributes earliestTime and latestTime, but how do I pass the time from the input time field to the dynamic dropdown?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a time input of type="time" and with token="time_picker"

So, in the XML for the dropdown in the "populatingSearch" I added

earliest="$time_picker.earliest$" latest="$time_picker.latest$"

View solution in original post

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have a time input of type="time" and with token="time_picker"

So, in the XML for the dropdown in the "populatingSearch" I added

earliest="$time_picker.earliest$" latest="$time_picker.latest$"

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...