Dashboards & Visualizations

Does Splunk have a Stepped Line Graph Visualisation

pjAstroMan
Explorer

Hi there, I am in the process of evaluating Splunk as a possible replacement to our existing data historian.  Our users require a Stepped Line Graph for trending purposes rather than the conventional line graph.  Is it possible to provide a Stepped Line Graph visualistion in Splunk?

Kind Regards

Paul J.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@pjAstroMan 

Not directly, but you can group data points by series and use the xyseries command to plot steps:

foo.csv

series,x,y
a,0,1
a,1,1
a,2,1
b,2,2
b,3,2
b,4,2
c,4,3
c,5,3
c,6,3

| inputlookup foo.csv
| xyseries x series y

xabc
3 2 
4 23
5  3
6  3

tscroggins_0-1619885196636.png

Splunk also provides an interface to develop custom visualizations: https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/visualizedata/displaydataview/splunkplatformcusto...

0 Karma

pjAstroMan
Explorer

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, whilst this would work for specifically manipulated data content, in my particular case the stepped chart needs to be generated from a real-time data feed.

Kind Regards

Paul.

0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@pjAstroMan

I used a contrived example, but streaming data can be modified into a similar structure using SPL. Search-time analysis and transformation is Splunk's core value proposition.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

March Community Office Hours Security Series Uncovered!

Hello Splunk Community! In March, Splunk Community Office Hours spotlighted our fabulous Splunk Threat ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to April Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars in April. This post ...