Dashboards & Visualizations

Does Splunk allow two users to collaborate at the same time using the same dashboard ?

maryamchar
Explorer

I have a question. Does Splunk allow at least two users to collaborate on the same dashboard ? If yes, can they collaborate and make changes to the dashboard at the same time? And will those changes be saved under the person who made the changes?

Thank you in advance! Please provide me with links if available

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@maryamchar,

Depending on the permissions , the dashboards can be set as

Private - only the user who has created the dashboard can view and edit. The dashboard will be saved under user directory on the disk.

Shared in app - The dashboard is available to other users in the app context where it was created. For example, if you create the dashboard in the Search and Reporting app, the dashboard is visible to other users in this context. Depending on their permissions, other users can edit the dashboard.

Visible in all apps : Available in all apps and depending on their permissions, other users can edit the dashboard

Further read : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/Viz/DashboardPermissions

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Yes as @renjith.nair mentioned , based on permission of dashboards multiple users can collaborate on same dashboard. The changes will be saved under the owner of the dashboard and not under the last person who made the changes.

0 Karma

maryamchar
Explorer

Thank you @Vijeta and @renjith.nair!!
My question if they have permission to make changes, can two users collabrate and make changes at same time (like google docs) ?

0 Karma

brhicke747
Explorer

@maryamchar Did you ever get an answer to what happens to edits made simultaneously? As far as I know, edits at the same time are allowed. 

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@maryamchar,

Depending on the permissions , the dashboards can be set as

Private - only the user who has created the dashboard can view and edit. The dashboard will be saved under user directory on the disk.

Shared in app - The dashboard is available to other users in the app context where it was created. For example, if you create the dashboard in the Search and Reporting app, the dashboard is visible to other users in this context. Depending on their permissions, other users can edit the dashboard.

Visible in all apps : Available in all apps and depending on their permissions, other users can edit the dashboard

Further read : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.0/Viz/DashboardPermissions

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...