Dashboards & Visualizations

Do we upload image on indexer under specific app to use in dashboard?

anirudhgl

Hi,
I want to use an image in my dashboard. As far as I know, to do so I need file under specific app folder.
But I am not sure where is that folder exist.
Is it on indexer server? or we can upload from GUI?
Please help with full details and steps to do it.

Thanks a lot!!

0 Karma

msivill_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If your image is a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) you could use the app Scalable Vector Graphics - Custom Visualization to put it on a dashboard.

0 Karma

evania
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @anirudhgl ,

Did you have a chance to check out answers yet? If any of them worked, please resolve this post by approving it! If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help you.

Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anirudhgl,

All static content including images, html and JS files should be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your-app/appserver/static/.
You can call that resource with "/static/app/your-app/image-name".

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi anirudhgl
images must be stored in the folder $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps//appserver/static .

If you have a stand alone server, you have to locate your images in the only server (Indexer).
If instead you have a distributed architecture with Search Heads (not clustered) and indexers, images must be stored on Search Heads NOT on Indexers.
If you have clustered Search Heads, you have to store youre images on The Deployer and deploy them to Search Heads.
remember that after you copied your image, you have to restart Splunk.

See also http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#html

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

anirudhgl

Thanks a lot Giuseppe. I got your point but just have one small doubt.
As we have distributed architecture with Search Heads (not clustered). So can i upload an image on search head from search head GUI in respective app or there will be a search head server where i need to place the image in specific app folder?

Thanks & Regards.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Hi anirudhgl,
if you haven't a Search Head Cluster, you have to manually copy images on each Search Head.
In each one, you can copy them using the upload function or manually by SSH (better); if you use SSH, remember to restart Search Heads.

Bye.
Giuseppe

P.S.: if you're satisfied by this answer, please accept and/or upvote it

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi anirudhgl,
if you're satisfied by this answer, please accept and/or upvote it

Bye, see next time.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...