Dashboards & Visualizations

Display Splunk Dashboard in Excel

ccdenny3
Engager

I have a spreadsheet today that I use to display current incident status and would like to have the Splunk Dashboard associated to that application embedded to display for everyone to see.  Is this possible?  Do I just put the Splunk Dashboard URL into a Cell? Or do I create a PIVOT? Looking for a little assistance if this is possible.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ccdenny3
Engager

The goal is to display the Splunk Dashboard in a browser setting in the Excel.  I did some digging around and found the following which is a starting point. It allows me to display content in the Spreadsheet along with the Splunk Dashboard in a WebBrowser Tool:

https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/getting-a-webpage-embedded-in-excel.700770/

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ccdenny3,

you can display a Splunk dashboard only in a browser: you can embed a dashboard or a report in an html frame but anyway alwaus in a browser.

If you want Splunk data in Excel, the only way is to export panel's results in a csv file and then read it with Excel.

It's not clear for me why you want to do this!

In my company, we use Splunk for all kind of reporting, without using Excel: in Splunk you can do every kind of calculations on real time data better than Excel!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ccdenny3
Engager

The goal is to display the Splunk Dashboard in a browser setting in the Excel.  I did some digging around and found the following which is a starting point. It allows me to display content in the Spreadsheet along with the Splunk Dashboard in a WebBrowser Tool:

https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/getting-a-webpage-embedded-in-excel.700770/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...