Dashboards & Visualizations

Default Navigation Menu not loading.

ssearwar
Explorer

The default Navigation Menu for an app is not loading when loaded in the nav folder.

From the ui, I see the the following message, but there are is no "New" button or "Add new" in the User Interface section for Navigation Menu:

"There are no configurations of this type. Click the "New" button to create a new configuration."

Is this a bug with 6.0?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

I don't know if it is a bug, but I would get around it this way:

Using a text editor, create the file /opt/splunk/yourApp/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml (or the equivalent path on your system). In that file, put

<nav>
    <view name="flashtimeline" default="true" />
    <collection label="Views">
        <view source="unclassified" />
    </collection>
    <collection label="Reports">
        <saved source="unclassified" />
    </collection>
</nav>

This isn't great, but it should give you a very basic default navigation. Hopefully, that will let you get started...

And this should work on either 5.x or 6.0

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

This is not the way to accomplish that.

You should look at roles and permissions first.

0 Karma

dishasaxena
Path Finder

Hi,

I would like to know, if I need to edit this navigation menu for "Search" App but only for any particular user, then how will I achieve it.

I mean, if I am creating a new user to whom I don't want to give access to Icons like Pivot, Alerts, Dashboards, etc on Navigation Menu of Search App, then what changes would I need to make.

Regards,
Disha

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...