Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard with dropdown menu to another dashboard

balash1979
Path Finder

I have 3 dashboards. I dont want my team to remember the links of all the 3 dashboards so creating a master dashboard.
So I got this code working but when I choose one of the values, i want to display the contents of the dashboard in a panel below this drop down menu. Right now, it is navigating to the a different page and displaying the dashboard but I want the contents in the same page as the drop down menu.

<dashboard>
<fieldset submitButton="false">
   <input type="dropdown">
     <label></label>
     <default>App Env</default>
     <choice value="">App Env</choice>
     <choice value="App2">App2 Env</choice>
     <choice value="App3">App3 Env</choice>
     <change>
        <condition value="App">
         <link>
            https://link1
         </link>
       </condition>
       <condition value="App2">
         <link>
            https://link2
         </link>
       </condition>
        <condition value="App3">
         <link>
            https://link3
         </link>
       </condition>
     </change>
   </input>
 </fieldset>
 </dashboard>
Tags (1)
0 Karma

KailA
Contributor

Hello,

You were close to the solution I think :

<dashboard>
 <fieldset submitButton="false">
    <input type="dropdown">
      <label></label>
      <choice value="App">App Env</choice>
      <choice value="App2">App2 Env</choice>
      <choice value="App3">App3 Env</choice>
      <change>
         <condition value="App">
          <link target="_blank">/app/yourapp/yourdashboard</link>
        </condition>
        <condition value="App2">
        </condition>
         <condition value="App3">
        </condition>
      </change>
    </input>
  </fieldset>
  </dashboard>

Let me know if it works !

0 Karma

balash1979
Path Finder

This doesnt work because it opens in a new tab which is not what i am looking for.

0 Karma

KARANMALHOTRA
Path Finder

Are you fine with having tabs for each of your dashboard? If yes, then you can try using this method described on the blog post Making a dashboard with tabs

This will give you the functionality of having multiple sets of panels under each tab which will be loaded when you click on them.

We had a similar requirement to have a master dashboard and this is how we solved it for our use case.

0 Karma

balash1979
Path Finder

I was not looking for tabs but will try that. In step #2, it talks about this

I made some Javascript and CSS that will help you wire up the tabs. Go ahead and add it in. You can do this by copying the Javascript file “tabs.js” and “tabs.css” to the appserver/static directory of the app that has the view you want to add tabs to. For example, if the app is in the app “myapp”, then add the Javascript to “etc/apps/myapp/appserver/static/tabs.js” and the stylesheet to “etc/apps/myapp/appserver/static/tabs.css”. The files are available for download here:

Where should I download the files and put in my splunk instance. i am not an admin of my splunk.

0 Karma

KARANMALHOTRA
Path Finder

OK, I assumed you were the admin on the Splunk instance. If you are not, then you will not be able to follow this approach as it needs multiple steps to be performed at the backend including adding new js/css files. You may approach your Splunk admin and let them evaluate this solution.

I've also converted by answer to a comment as it does not solve your problem.

You may also consider adding all the panels from the three dashboards into a single one and then controlling the visibility of those panels using a token set by your drop down. It is not a very clean approach but if you really need it, it may be helpful. doc here

0 Karma

balash1979
Path Finder

This kind of works but wont scale if i need to add more than 3 dashboards. I will open a separate question for this use case.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...