Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard input display issue with fr-FR

nonaronald
Explorer

I developed a dashboard using the en-US/en-GB splunk, but my client is using the fr-FR splunk by default. I was surprised to see that there seems to be a incompatibility issue.
I have a time select input that shows Last 7 days in the english splunk, while,
it shows Dernière %aunité %umontée in the french version. Which can be roughly translated btw as Last unit (something)?
See picture below for screenshots.

It doesn't seem to be a navigator issue (IE, chrome, firefox checked).

Any idea why I would have this? Any help would be appreciated.

alt text

0 Karma

ccloutier_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What version of Splunk?

I've just tried this on my local test instance (7.2.3) and "Last 7 days" shows up correctly for fr-FR.

alt text

nonaronald
Explorer

I use 7.0.2. Unfortunately I am not the one who can upgrade it. Thank you for testing it.

0 Karma

nonaronald
Explorer

I have discovered that I am not the only one having this problem:

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/701301/time-range-picker-broken-in-french-version-of-splu.html

It's very weird, I have the feeling that I have to find a workaround but it seems to be a translation issue coming from Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Future of Data Search & Exploration

You have more data coming at you than ever before. Over the next five years, the total amount of digital data ...

What’s new on Splunk Lantern in August

This month’s Splunk Lantern update gives you the low-down on all of the articles we’ve published over the past ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [8.3.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...