Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard for Wineventlogs with Inbuilt Information

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Hi Team, 

I have created a dashboard with the below mentioned query and the output would be in Column chart format with a timer. And the output would display the Top 10 Event Codes with Count when we choose the time and click submit.

index=windows host=* source=WinEventLog:System EventCode=* Type=Error OR Type=Critical | stats count by EventCode Type |sort -count | head 10

So post the results are displayed in the Column chart then my requirement is that if we click any one of the EventCode  consider as an example of 4628 from the Top 10 details in the Column Chart then it should  navigate to a new panel or a window showing up with the Top 10 host, source, Message, EventCode along with Count for Event Code 4628. So something like that we want to get the results displayed. 

But this should happen if we click the EventCode from the Column chart of the existing dashboard.

Example:

index=windows host=* source=WinEventLog:System EventCode=4628 Type=Error OR Type=Critical | stats count by host source Message EventCode |sort -count | head 10

So kindly let me know how to achieve this requirement in a dashboard format.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @anandhalagaras1,

you should install in your Splunk the Splunk Dashboard Examples App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603).

One of the examples is just what you're searching: the In page Drilldown.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...