Dashboards & Visualizations

Dashboard Studio: How do I make a Dynamic loading a dropdown list?

Edward1234
Engager

In the classic dashboard it's very easy to setup a dynamic loading dropdown list. In the new dashboard studio I don't see it anywhere. How do I make a dynamic loading dropdown list?

Labels (2)

scottc_3

This is exactly my experience in Splunk Cloud as well.  I fed table data to a dropdown, and dropdown uses an array of the entire result set, instead of listing the values separately.  Can we get a fix for this?

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @scottc_3, I would love to learn more about the requirement to use an array. Can you share more about why it's not feasible to separate the values in your use case? 

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes! Today you can enable that in source code, and you can see examples in the docs https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/latest/DashStudio/inputs and in the Examples Hub > Interactivity 

In the next Cloud release, there will be UI to add data sources to the input to make it dynamic. 

0 Karma

rxvichi
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I am trying to use a datasource to load the data for the dropdown. Even though the query does return data the dropdown does not load the data.

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @rxvichi, after adding a data source to the dropdown, are you also selecting the fields which should populate the dropdown via the UI? You can see a gif of what I'm talking about here https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/platform/dashboard-studio-tips-what-s-new-in-8-2-2106.html

0 Karma

rxvichi

yes I am but in my case the data source is a table with one column with several rows. And when I select the menu label and value it is showing as an array instead of string as it is displayed in the gif.

rxvichi_0-1682699784006.png

0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @rxvichi - hm, that's interesting. Would you mind sending an email to dashboard-studio@splunk. com with an example of your search results? I'm interested to see the data structure of the results such that it's displaying as an array.

0 Karma

rxvichi

I have send the email please look into it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...