Dashboards & Visualizations

Customizing Dashboard view for each user

wendyctlam
Explorer

Hi,

I have a question about customizing splunk view for specific user.

I have views called

System Admin view for sysadmin
Application Admin for appadmin

How do I assign these two views for them when they first logon to splunk instead of the default one?

Thanks!

Wendy

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

You could setup seperate Splunk apps for system admins and application admins.
And then by using Splunk's role based access controls , set the default app for the "sysadmin" role and the "applicationadmin" role.
Within each of these apps you can then define which is the default view, scroll down to "Set a Default View".
And then when a user logs in , depending on what role they are in , they will land on the intended default view.

wendyctlam
Explorer

Hi,

I created an app and chose "barebone". When I go into this app and try to run search, it gives me Could not find writer for: /psadmin/sysadmin/history/.dummy_history [0] [C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc]. Is there a permission setting I need to do?

thanks in advance,

Wendy

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...