Dashboards & Visualizations

Customize table width in results of drilldown to a custom search from dashboard

mythili
Explorer

Hi All, 

How do you customize the table width of results of custom search from a drilldown? I am not able to find any documentation on this. 

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Correct - this drilldown will run Splunk's Search app over which you have little control, however, if you drilldown to your own dashboard, you have much more control on the presentation.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't follow how the drilldown is related, but you can format the table column widths using this css in your dashboards

<row depends="$AlwaysHideCSS$">
    <panel>
      <html>
        <style>
#table_id th[data-sort-key=Name] {
    width: 20% !important;
}
        </style>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>

and your table is defined with the id

<table id="table_id">...

0 Karma

mythili
Explorer

Hi @bowesmana ,
This works when I use table in the dashboard. However for custom search from drilldown, the structure is a below:
<drilldown>
   <link target="_blank">search?xxxxxxxxxxxxx(custom search)|table field_1 field_2 ;earliest=$time_selection_earliest$&amp;latest=$time_selection_latest$</link>
</drilldown>

I cannot add the table id as "id" is an invalid attribute for both drilldown and link tags.

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As @ITWhisperer says, if this drilldown is taking you to a search in a new Splunk window, then you have no control over the format 🙁

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Correct - this drilldown will run Splunk's Search app over which you have little control, however, if you drilldown to your own dashboard, you have much more control on the presentation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...