Dashboards & Visualizations

Custom view - pie chart not showing all data

castle1126
Communicator

Hi,

One of the pieces of a custom app written for us takes some information from a CSV file and creates a pie chart. The XML file that defines the custom views has this section that takes information from a CSV and displays the pie chart:

<chart>
  <title>Type</title>
  <searchName>LookupQuery - Count by Type</searchName>
  <option name="charting.chart">pie</option>
  <option name="drilldown">none</option>
</chart>

The pie chart shows up nicely, but it only shows 10 elements or pieces of the pie. Running the search manually shows there are more entries than the 10 displayed. Is there a way to code into the XML an option that will show all elements from the CSV file in the pie chart?

Thanks!

Tags (2)

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Use sliceCollapsingThreshold=0 for your chart's XML as documented here:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/AdvancedDev/CustomChartingConfig-ChartLegend

0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

Hi
Type is it a name of a field in your data ?
If no try to use the following search by replacing Type field by _raw field

LookupQuery - Count by _raw
0 Karma

castle1126
Communicator

I ended up using this option, which seems to fix the issue I was having:

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

By the way, all the options for charting in simple XML are listed here... http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#piechart

rroberts
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you post the search please?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...