Dashboards & Visualizations

Creating a table, but it shows 3 column error msg?

Khanu89
Path Finder

I am trying to create a table which shows 3 column error msg, errorcode, and count. my current query is pulling the errorcode/msg in one column and error count  individually instead of whole. Please assist.

my Current Query

My current queryMy current query

Current Output

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 8.46.04 PM.png

Expected Output

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 8.52.59 PM.png

Labels (3)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Khanu89 - It's actually an issue with regex (rex) extracting ErrorCode, that it is extracting ErrorCode and error message everything in a single field.

You can try extracting them separately and then you can update your stats to add the error_msg field in the groupby (or by).

I hope this helps!!!

Khanu89
Path Finder

@VatsalJagani  Thank you for your input. Can you please elaborate on how can I extract separately?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex field=_raw "%\s(?<ErrorCode>\d+)\s(?<error_msg>.*)\s"

And then you can use 

| stats ..... by ErrorCode, error_msg

something like this. Regex could not be valid for all the use cases, I'm just seeing a few examples from the screenshot.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...