Dashboards & Visualizations

Creating a dashboard with text inputs and drop-down forms in Splunk 6.2.4, why am I getting error "Duplicate labels causing conflict"?

edroche3rd
Explorer

Good evening everyone!

I am trying to create a keystore dashboard with a handful of text inputs and a handfulof drop-down boxes. I am running version 6.2.4 Enterprise. I am getting "Duplicate labels causing conflict" error on the dashboard panel and under the field editor. I have tried changing every setting for the field to something different and that didn't work. I have attached an image file with screen prints with my settings and xml code.

Any thoughts? I have read the 2 below posts but no luck.alt text

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/221599/duplicate-labels-causing-conflict.html and

http://answers.splunk.com/answers/240661/receiving-a-duplicate-labels-causing-conflict-erro.html?utm...

1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi edroche3rd,

I had the same problem and solved by adding a dedup to the population search. Adapted to your drop down try something like this:

| inputlookup belts.csv | dedup level | table level

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi edroche3rd,

I had the same problem and solved by adding a dedup to the population search. Adapted to your drop down try something like this:

| inputlookup belts.csv | dedup level | table level

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

splunksurekha
Path Finder

am using this below query but still facing the same issue Duplicate labels causing conflict
| inputlookup alertreport | search AlertName!=NULL |dedup AlertName| table AlertName

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Would you be able to post your alertreport lookup file?

0 Karma

edroche3rd
Explorer

Thanks MuS....Thank worked perfect!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

There's No Place Like Chrome and the Splunk Platform

Watch On DemandMalware. Risky Extensions. Data Exfiltration. End-users are increasingly reliant on browsers to ...

The Great Resilience Quest: 5th Leaderboard Update

The fifth leaderboard update for The Great Resilience Quest is out >> 🏆 Check out the ...

Devesh Logendran, Splunk, and the Singapore Cyber Conquest

At this year’s Splunk University, I had the privilege of chatting with Devesh Logendran, one of the winners in ...