Dashboards & Visualizations

Creating a chart by month

elijahm
Explorer

I am trying to make a line graph that shows that months of the year as the x-axis. There should be three lines in this graph. The first line should show the amount of occurrences of the "GetPolicy.doPost(56)" string in each month. The second line should show the amount of occurrences of the string "ActivateNode.doPost(94)" and the third line should show the difference of the occurrences between the two above strings. Below I calculated the difference and I am very new to splunk and I don't know how to move forward with creating the graph.

index= client_snsr_tcg_unix_webservices source="/var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out" "GetPolicy.doPost(56)"

| stats count as start

| appendcols [search index= client_snsr_tcg_unix_webservices source="/var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out" "ActivateNode.doPost(94)"

| stats count as end ]

| eval Difference=start-end

| table Difference

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mayurr98
Super Champion

try this:

index=client_snsr_tcg_unix_webservices source="/var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out" "GetPolicy.doPost(56)" OR "ActivateNode.doPost(94)" 
| stats count(eval(like(_raw,"%GetPolicy.doPost(56)%"))) as "GetPolicy_doPost" count(eval(like(_raw,"%ActivateNode.doPost(94)%"))) as "ActivateNode_doPost" by date_month 
| eval Difference=GetPolicy_doPost-ActivateNode_doPost

And then go to visualization and select appropriate chart to see graph view 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

try this:

index=client_snsr_tcg_unix_webservices source="/var/log/tomcat8/catalina.out" "GetPolicy.doPost(56)" OR "ActivateNode.doPost(94)" 
| stats count(eval(like(_raw,"%GetPolicy.doPost(56)%"))) as "GetPolicy_doPost" count(eval(like(_raw,"%ActivateNode.doPost(94)%"))) as "ActivateNode_doPost" by date_month 
| eval Difference=GetPolicy_doPost-ActivateNode_doPost

And then go to visualization and select appropriate chart to see graph view 🙂

0 Karma

elijahm
Explorer

Thanks so much!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...