Dashboards & Visualizations

Could you help me with the following search queries and then help me turn the information into a piechart?

hurt

Good evening guys,

I'm new using this tool, and actually, I have the following tasks to do. I want to ask you if I did well on this one and if you could me help with any tasks I'm missing:

Context:
I was deploying Splunk in a VM (Linux - Ubuntu). Splunk by itself generated events, and my tasks are the following:

• Amount of different indexes - Single value
    A:/ index=_* | stats distinct_count(index)
    As a single value in screen it show me "4".

• Index with the highest event count - Single value
    A:/ I did index=_* | stats count by index | sort - count", it show me "_internal as the highest value

• Indexes distribution events:
    _internal - timechart.
    _thefishbucket - timechart

I don't understand yet. Could someone who understands this please explain it to me because I don't get it...

I don't know if is something like index=_internal | timechart count usenull=f useother=f | sort - count would work...

• Show in a pie chart the percentages of the total of events. A:/ I did the following, in the tab "Dashboard", I created a pie panel with this information index=_* | stats count by index. Eventually, it showed me a pie chart with the information that I needed (that's what I think)

I don't know if the points that I solved are fine.

Beforehand, I appreciate your help with this topic.

Warm regards,

0 Karma

horsefez
Motivator

Hi @hurt,

I can tell you that much:
You made a fine decision choosing Splunk and joining us "the Splunkers" on their ever-awesome journey with this product.
New people to Splunk are most-likely best off learning about the product in an easy way using the following link:
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/resources/getting-started.html

This link and the links on the site will give you a better understanding about what an awesome plattform splunk is.

Get back to me after that, if you have any further questions. 🙂

Regards,
pyro_wood

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...