Dashboards & Visualizations

Comparing two Nessus Scans

clavelle

Where I work we are using Nessus to scan for vulnerabilities weekly. I'm in the process fo building a dashboard and making it all pretty for management. What I want to be able to do is compare the last two scans and get a difference between the total vulnerability of this weeks scan and the last one.

I don't have any input to provide and I couldn't find anything else on the Googles.

Thanks!

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @CarsonZa,

If you have got Splunk Enterprise security contains macro make_previous_time_range(2) it takes two parameters earliest time and latest time as input.

for example, if you need to compare data today and yesterday you need to choose todays date and yesterday date will be automatically calculated using above mentioned macro.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

CarsonZa
Contributor

ES wasn't mentioned in the original question but yes you are correct that macro does exist inside SA-Util

0 Karma

CarsonZa
Contributor

run a subsearch using |join.

"search"
| join type=inner 
    [ |search "search" earliest=x latest=x] 

Set the time picker as two weeks prior, the sub search would be the current time range. This should only show you events that were persistent between the two weeks

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/SearchReference/Join

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...