Dashboards & Visualizations

Click Menu Link Opens New Window

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

I am trying to change my Main Menu so that when I click on certain Main Menu items, the page attached to that main menu item link opens in a different window and NOT the same window.

I have a view called adash_Summary. In my default.xml file I tried the following inside a collection label tags: <a href="adash_Summary" target="_blank">Test</a>

When I click on Test, it opens adash_Summary but it does not open in a new separate window as expected. Does anyone know how I could get it to open in a new window?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Karma

castra

Still experiencing this issue as well.

0 Karma

rajeev_ku
Path Finder

Pls check attachment.

alt text

0 Karma

pgadhari
Builder

whether you were able to resolve this issue ?

0 Karma

proylea
Contributor

This function works fine in 6.3.3

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

yeah no luck with Chrome, IE, Safari...

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

I downvoted this post because i have the same version installed and this does not work for me.

0 Karma

proylea
Contributor

From memory (and it was a while back) I used this in Chrome and had to allow pop ups before it would work.

0 Karma

ccsfdave
Builder

Oh, good point. Let me try it from Insecure Explorer.

0 Karma

jxs

I've tried this under 6.3.3 and it doesn't work for me 😞

Daily Incident View

0 Karma

baker987
Explorer

Anyone get this to work yet?

0 Karma

disha
Contributor

Hey,
Did you find the answer to it. I am looking for the same and stucked..!!

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

It seems like any attributes that I put after the href attribute (e.g. target) are being ignored...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...