Dashboards & Visualizations

Change Single Value Visualization Based on Text

mistydennis
Communicator

Hello - I realize this question has been asked several times before and I've tried to implement every solution I've found, but nothing seems to be working.

I simply want to update a single value visualization based on the text. If "Yes", then green, and if "No", red. 

I've tried using older solutions involving rangemap and changing some of the charting options, but I'm not having any luck in v9.3.0. 

| inputlookup mylookup.csv 
| search $time_tok$ $field_tok$=Y 
| stats max(Distance) AS GuideMiles 
| appendcols 
    [| mylookup.csv 
    | search $month_tok$ 
    | stats max(TargetMiles)] 
| rename max(TargetMiles) AS TargetMiles 
| eval OnTarget=case(GuideMiles>=TargetMiles,"Yes", true(), "No") 
| table OnTarget

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

uagraw01
Builder

@mistydennis 

### Steps to Use Single Value Visualization in your dashboard.

1. **Run the Query**: Use the query you provided to generate the `OnTarget` value.

2. **Select Visualization**:
- After running the query, go to the **Visualization** tab in the search results.
- From the available visualizations, choose **Single Value**.

3. **Configure Conditional Coloring**:
- Click on **Format** in the Visualization tab.
- Under **Color**, enable **Color by value**.
- Add your conditions:
- **If value is "Yes"**: Set the color to green.
- **If value is "No"**: Set the color to red.

4. **Save and Use**:
- Apply the settings, and you will see the value displayed either in green or red based on the result ("Yes" or "No").
- You can then save this as part of your dashboard if needed.

upvote is appreciated.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

While you have clearly shown your search (which by the way seems perfectly fine), what you haven't shown or described is what you have tried in your dashboard. Please can you provide further information?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Celebrate CX Day with Splunk: Take our interactive quiz, join our LinkedIn Live ...

Today and every day, Splunk celebrates the importance of customer experience throughout our product, ...

How to Get Started with Splunk Data Management Pipeline Builders (Edge Processor & ...

If you want to gain full control over your growing data volumes, check out Splunk’s Data Management pipeline ...

Out of the Box to Up And Running - Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud ...

Tech Talk Streamlined Observability for Your Cloud Environment Register    Out of the Box to Up And Running ...