Dashboards & Visualizations

Can someone help me on basic questions about search refresh?

jip31
Motivator

Hi

I use a search refresh like this

<earliest>-15m</earliest>
          <latest>now</latest>
          <refresh>30s</refresh>
          <refreshType>delay</refreshType>

I have 2 questions :

1) Is the refresh delay starts from the search saving? 

2) Is it possible to synchronize th search delay between 2 searches because actually I use the same refresh delay between 2 searches but the refresh doesn't occurs in the same time

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the two searches are based on the same search, but with different outputs, then you can make a base search used by both searches and apply the refresh setting to the base search, which will then cause both post processing searches to execute at the same point.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the two searches are based on the same search, but with different outputs, then you can make a base search used by both searches and apply the refresh setting to the base search, which will then cause both post processing searches to execute at the same point.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31,

search delay is a cron definition, so it's fixes every 30 seconds (in your case), it isn't influenced by the search duration.

It isn't possible to synchronize the refreshes of two searches, you have to measure the average duration of each search and choose the delays.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...