Dashboards & Visualizations

[BUG] Why SPLUNK Dashboard export PDF resolves Tokens but Scheduled PDF does not

arayapati83
Path Finder

I have a requirement to schedule a PDF weekly/monthly etc and show the Title of each section representing the Day From and Day To.

I created dynamic tokens and put that in the title. The dashboard shows it and when I click export PDF it shows appropriate dates but when I schedule a PDF the Auto Scheduled PDF doesn't show the dates, instead it shows $token_XX$ which means the tokens are not getting resolved with the auto scheduled PDF.

Modified the search query as I cant paste the original

Daily Stats - Report

<search>  
 <query>| makeresults
    | eval currentDate=strftime(relative_time(now(),"-1d"),"%m/%d/%Y")
    | eval minus1Date=strftime(relative_time(now(),"-1d"),"%m/%d/%Y")</query>
 <earliest>-1s@s</earliest>
 <latest>now</latest>
 <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
 <done>
   <set token="tok_cur_Date">$result.currentDate$</set>
   <set token="tok_minus1_Date">$result.minus1Date$</set>
 </done>
</search>
<panel>
  <html>
    <style>.chartTitleText {font-size: 16px; font-weight:bold;}</style>
    <p class="chartTitleText">$tok_minus1_Date$ to $tok_cur_Date$</p>
  </html>
  <single>
    <title>Availability (Rounded after 2 Decimals)</title>
    <search>
      <query>index="prod" source="*" | stats count(eval(isSuccessful="Y"))  as SUCCESS_COUNT count as TOTAL | eval ATB=SUCCESS_COUNT/TOTAL*100 | table ATB</query>
      <earliest>-1d@d</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
  </single>
</panel>

khusain_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Refer to the below URL. This document clearly says that "Search result" and "Job information" tokens are not available for Scheduled PDF Delivery.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/Alert/EmailNotificationTokens#Tokens_available_for...

For scheduled PDF delivery, you can use tokens in the following fields of an email:

Subject

See below document for more information.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/Viz/DashboardPDFs

arayapati83
Path Finder

@niketnilay

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@arayapati83 I have updated your question to highlight your issue. Also adding the reference to the previous question where the issue is discussed: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/526670/display-datetime-range-in-dashbaord.html

As requested, if you have Splunk Entitlement, please reach out to Splunk Support to have the issue resolved!

arayapati83
Path Finder

@niketnilay when you say splunk support are u saying to reach splunk support team at my organization?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

If your organisation has purchased Splunk Support there would be an Entitlement Number which can be used to create a ticket with Splunk Support Team.

You can begin with your own Splunk Support Team for the details on this.

Could you also let us know as to what is the schedule of the Dashboard PDF generation?

arayapati83
Path Finder

@niketnilay we have multiple.. monthly and quarterly is what we are most interested in

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

I would say do it manually until issue is resolved. Figure out who can create a case with Splunk Support or whether they have a workaround.

p_gurav
Champion
0 Karma

arayapati83
Path Finder

@p_gurav so r u saying its not possible at all?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...