Dashboards & Visualizations

Apps default view - issue

roopeshetty
Path Finder

Hi Guys,
I have created an APP by name “WindowsInfra” on my cloud splunk. On this App I have created a dashboard by name “Bandwidth” and under this dashboard I have added 2 panels by name “Memory” and “CPU”.
Now whenever I open this APP this opens with the Dashboard which shows the title and then again I need to click on those dashboard title to see the panels.

This I got it done by editing the Navigation XML as below;

<nav search_view="search" color="#65A637">
<view name="search" />
<view name="datasets" />
<view name="reports" />
<view name="alerts" />
<view name="dashboards" default='true' />
</nav>

But what I want is, once I click on this APP this should directly open with the Panels (“Memory” and “CPU”) of dashboard “Bandwidth” as I have seen this in many APPs which was created by my previous employees. Can some one please guide me how to do this.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @roopeshetty,

You can find the guide for navigation menu configuration here :
http://dev.splunk.com/view/webframework-developapps/SP-CAAAEP9

In your case all you have to is add a line with your dashboard name and set it to default as follows :

<view name="bandwidthDashboard" default='true' />

The name of the dashboard is not the one that is displayed under dashboard but the one you see in the url when you open the dashboard itself, for example here the dashboard name is DASHBOARD_NAME :
http://yoursplunkURL/en-GB/app/APPNAME/DASHBOARD_NAME

You can also find the name in settings under user interface -> views.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,
David

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@roopshetty Check the exact view name for this dashboard (bandwidth) under User Interface->Views for your app.
and add <view name=your view name default="true" /> under the navigation for this app.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try

<nav search_view="search" color="#65A637">
<view name="search" />
<view name="datasets" />
<view name="reports" />
<view name="alerts" />
<view name="dashboards" />
<view name="bandwidth" default='true' />
</nav>
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

roopeshetty
Path Finder

no i tried this, its not working. May be the dashboard name i am putting in wrong way or may be some config we need to do in Apps?
Here in this "bandwidth" is the name of the dashboard we need to specify?

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Here the name should be same as the dashboard name shown in URL (or the name of dashboard_name.xml), and not the label you see in Splunk's default Dashboard view.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...