Dashboards & Visualizations

Alert to email the contents of the Security Posture dashboard

slider8p2023
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to create a daily alert to email the contents of the Security Posture dashboard to a recipient.

Can someone please share how I can turn the content of this Dashboard from Splunk ES into a search within an ALert so it can be added to an email and be sent out daily?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @slider8p2023,

you could try to clone it going in https://<your_host>/en-US/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/dashboards and cloning the dashboard, but I'm not sure that it's possible to schedule it.

Otherwise, you should create a custom clone of the Security Posture dashboard using the searches that you can extract from the original dashboard and then schedule it to send by eMail as a pdf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @slider8p2023,

you could try to clone it going in https://<your_host>/en-US/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/dashboards and cloning the dashboard, but I'm not sure that it's possible to schedule it.

Otherwise, you should create a custom clone of the Security Posture dashboard using the searches that you can extract from the original dashboard and then schedule it to send by eMail as a pdf.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

slider8p2023
Explorer

Thanks @gcusello that seemed to work. I cloned the original dashboard panel by panel and saved it as a NON Dashboard studio dashboard. The schedule to export as PDF.

I was un-aware the scheduling of PDF exporting is not available in using Dashboard Studio.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @slider8p2023 ,

good for you, see next time!

I still don't use Dashboard Studio because it doesn't still have all the features I use of the Classical Dashboard!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...