Dashboards & Visualizations

After creating a custom visualisation, why do i get "This is a custom visualization stand in. Edit your custom visualization app to render something here."?

bangalorep
Communicator

Following the tutorial for creating a custom visualization app, got
This is a custom visualization stand in.
Edit your custom visualization app to render something here.

when i chose the custom visualisation . How do i correct this?

alt text

0 Karma

bangalorep
Communicator

@niketnilay can you please help?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@bangalorep, if you have used the steps from Build Custom Visualization documentation about Splunk's Custom Visualization API, seems like you have missed some steps to add your Visualization code. Can you please verify that visualization_source.js has the required code as per the documentation?

If you are just trying the example all the steps before Try out the visualization should be completed first.

bangalorep
Communicator

Hi niketnilay,
Yes i have completed all steps before Try out the visualization and also visualization_source.js has the required code as per the documentation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...