Dashboards & Visualizations

Active vs Inactive Users in a Timechart

rajkskumar
Explorer

I have a chart that displays the Active and Inactive Users for today. I would like to convert this into a timechart which shows data for the selected Period in the Time picker. 

index=prod 
       | stats latest(_time) as last_seen by customerId 
       | eval status = if(last_seen > relative_time(now(), "-30d@d"),"Active","Inactive") 
       | chart count by status
       | rename count as "User Count"

Please suggest how it could be approached.

@FrankVl : You have helped me with the original query. Could you please guide me here as well?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

One way to do that would be to run the search you have, that gives you today's figures, on a daily basis and write the results into a summary index. Then run a timechart over that summary index. But of course, that does require some time to build up data in the summary index before you're able to timechart anything.

Creating a query that directly gives you a timechart of active and inactive users by day is a bit more tricky as that activity is based on a 30d window.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Replacing chart with timechart should do it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

rajkskumar
Explorer

Unfortunately, it is not working. I don't get any results with Timechart. With 'Chart', I get the Active and Inactive count for today.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...