All Apps and Add-ons

splunk for XenApp perfmon not working

leandesk

hi not getting perfmon data into splunk..

here is the errors log from splunkd

12-21-2012 21:14:20.390 +0530 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" splunk-perfmon - Unable to add counter '\Process(*)\'  error 0xc0000bb9

12-21-2012 21:14:20.390 +0530 FATAL ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" Logger - caught SEH exception while trying to log!
Tags (1)
0 Karma

bmignosa_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This error was caused by a missing conf file. The download on splunkbase was missing a multikv.conf file. This should now be resolved.

0 Karma

dolph88

I am getting this same error as the original poster, except on a XenApp 5 server (2003 x32).
I just downloaded Splunk and all the components, currently running version 5.0.2, build 149561.

I have a multikv.conf file on my splunk server.

Is there a fix for this? With this problem the app functionality is very degraded.

0 Karma

stonecutter908

I'm having the exact same issue.

01-07-2013 11:55:07.349 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" splunk-perfmon - Unable to add counter '\Process(*)\' error 0xc0000bb9

01-07-2013 11:55:07.349 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon"
FATAL Logger - caught SEH exception while trying to log!

Also, the counters listed in perfmon.conf for TA-XA65-Server are not being collected. If I use the search app to queery "index=xenapp_perfmon", this is the only data I see ...

---splunk-perfmon-end-of-event---

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...