Monitoring Splunk

RAW Time series for a specific field

artrune
Path Finder

Right now I have a query or a search as follows: index=main earliest=" + earliestDate + " latest=" + latestDate + " |bucket _time span=" + bucketSize + " | stats avg(" + attribute + ") as Value by _time
However I would like to be able to get the RAW data without applying any buckets or averages (So what I basically want is to retrieve the time series data of a specific field. value and timestamp pairs)
I have tried modifying that query a bit but haven't been able to get something working.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

artrune
Path Finder

For anyone wondering this is how I got the desired result:

| table _time field

View solution in original post

0 Karma

artrune
Path Finder

For anyone wondering this is how I got the desired result:

| table _time field
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

I don't think your SPL is correct. Are you trying to put dynamic values into your main search?

Try something like below

index=main earliest=-24h 
|timechart span=1h count by SomeFieldYouRequire

Please replace the field name accordingly
Or if you give sample data and what output you need, we can write for you

0 Karma

artrune
Path Finder

Lets say I have a field name AvailableMemory. I want to get every value of that field with its corresponding timestamp within a timespan (using earlist and latest)
Does that make more sense now?

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

agree, but the extraction depends on your data. So would be better if you put some sample data

meantime, please try

index=main earliest=-24h latest=-1h
 |timechart span=1h count by AvailableMemory
0 Karma

artrune
Path Finder

I did try that, but it returns the fields like this:
https://imgur.com/rRHQ56f
but i want it to return like this:
https://imgur.com/5UWSToM
the problem with tthe second one is that its in time buckets and with average, i want the raw values

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...