Splunk Dev

Microsoft Azure Billing Add-on for Splunk Cost values are all zero

stonecutter_908
Explorer

I'm using the Microsoft Azure Billing Add-on for Splunk and am troubleshooting why all of my cost values are zero. If I use the same credentials with Azure subscription Billing Reader access, I can pull the data via get-AzureRMConsumptionDetail and see valid entries for PretaxCost. So, I know it's not a credentials issue. However, using the TA, properties.pretaxCost is always 0. Looking at the python code in the TA, I suspect this is due to a variable type mismatch where the field is being treated like an integer versus a decimal. Looking for some help on how to remediate from here. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

stonecutter_908
Explorer

This did turn out to be a lack of billing credentials issue but it was a bit more complex than I expected to uncover. EA customers need to first enable the AO view charges setting in EA, outside of the Azure portal. Only then will the Azure sub IAM RBAC take effect to reveal actual charges incurred.

willtsn
Engager

This helped me out greatly. It takes a bit to take effect, so be patient when implementing it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...