Splunk Search

How do I convert total values as percentages?

jitin_ratra

I have a query which shows tables as below

alt text

I want to get the percentage in the total column instead of decimal numbers. How can i do that?

And, for every row, i want to see what percentage of Chrome browser is being used from Total

The field which determines if a user is using Chrome is a boolean property "IsUsingChrome"=true/false

So, the End result should be something like this.

Region | Currency | Total
AP | KRW | 20%(Chrome)/Other Browsers(80%)
US | usd | 30%(Chrome)/Other Browsers(70%)

I have query like this below so far

search |  mvexpand data.CustomContent |  rex total\"\:(?\d+\.\d+) max_match=0 | spath input=data.CustomContent | stats sum(total) as TOTAL by Region,Currency | sort -TOTAL

I tried to query with examples but no luck. I appreciate any help here!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@jitin_ratra,

Try

search | mvexpand data.CustomContent | rex total\"\:(?\d+.\d+) max_match=0 
| spath input=data.CustomContent 
| stats sum(eval(if(IsUsingChrome="true",total,0))) as chrome , sum(total) as TOTAL by Region,Currency 
| eval _perc=round((chrome/TOTAL)/100,2)|eval TOTAL=_perc."%(Chrome)/Other Browsers(". (100-_perc)."%)"|fields - chrome
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...