All Apps and Add-ons

DsBind failed

adamblock1
Explorer

A few days I upgraded my Splunk servers (Deployment/license server, search head, indexers, heavy forwarder) from version 5.0.5 to 5.0.8. While reviewing the splunkd.log file on one of the indexer servers, I noticed a large number of warnings which state "WinEventLogChannel - connectToDC: DsBind failed: (1722)'No such host is known.'"

The indexer appears to be receiving logs properly.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

chanfoli
Builder

If you are seeing these errors with a basic event logging setup and you don't have your universal forwarders talking to AD to resolve AD objects in events, you might want to try this in your inputs.conf:

evt_resolve_ad_obj = 0

This tells the forwarder not to try to resolve AD objects. The default with this input type is to do so but if you don't set up the AD binding with evt_dc_name or evt_dns_name it does not work so you will see tons of these errors.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...