We are trying to Integrate Splunk Add-on for Service Now to ServiceNow. I want the add-on to work on our database and give that to ServiceNow (like a mediator). So basically ServiceNow should be able to access the database with the help of the add-on. Can anyone please fill me in how to achieve it? And are the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow and the app on this link the same?
You can install Splunk Enterprise anywhere you like in your environment. Then, follow the documentation to install the add-on and configure integration. Start here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/ServiceNow/Hardwareandsoftwarerequirements
The docs have all the instructions for what to do. You will need to know what version of ServiceNow you are using in order to follow all the steps. Here is the overview: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/latest/ServiceNow/Installationsteps . Each link points you to step-by-step instructions.
Yes thank you, very helpful link. Can you also answer these
1)you said push intergration, does that mean splunk can provide data from database to service now?
2) will splunk cloud comes into play while following above procedure? or splunk cloud is just another way of acheiving it? Can you provide any documentaion link corresponding to splunk cloud.
3) In a senario we are creating a organisational application. we have data in our server and we have web instance we created in service-now. Now where we need to install "splunk enterprise" and "splunk-addon for service now". like into our data hosting server? or else where?
1) Push integration supports creating new incidents and events in your ServiceNow instance from the Splunk platform using custom search commands and alerts. It does not push data from a database into ServiceNow.
2) Yes, this works on Splunk Cloud. All the docs I sent you are relevant for Splunk Cloud. Install the Splunk App for ServiceNow on Splunk Cloud. It does not matter where anything is hosted -- the integration should work.
3) I am sorry but I do not understand your question. Please read the documentation to determine whether the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow fulfills your needs, or talk to your ServiceNow rep about what you are trying to accomplish.
Vamsi92, the Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow is something you install on top of your existing Splunk platform -- either Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud. The add-on allows you to pull data from ServiceNow into the Splunk platform for analysis, and it also allows you to perform push integration. The add-on communicates with ServiceNow via an API, so, yes, it can access your database tables remotely.
Please read the docs for more information: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/ServiceNow/About
Basically we are working on service-now. when i log-in into servicenow and go to store add-ons, i saw splunk integration, and it requires splunk add-on for service-now. And splunk add-on requires Splunk enterprise to be installed right?
If we purchase license for service now, we can get free "splunk add-on for service now" installed on to "service now" platform. so where to install splunk enterprise, is it on our server which has database? or some where else?
splunk and service-now both will work in sync.
check this link in servicenow
And from what you have said i have few questions.
1)As u said splunk add-on is to be installed on splunk platform how my requirement can be fullfilled (taking data from remote database and push into service-now. as service-now can't access external remote databases) ?
2)and you said push intergration, does that mean splunk can provide data from database to service now?
3) will splunk cloud comes into play while following above procedure? or splunk cloud is just another way of acheiving it?
My question is will splunk cloud comes into play when we are using service now with slpunk add-on?
i mean will splunk addon can access a unified database located somewhere else?
if yes will splunk cloud gets into play?
I have a service-now instance. I read in tutorial like "download and install splunk enterprise". where to install splunk so i can use in accordance with my service now instance. It needs to be installed on service-now server or on our end user system. But if its end user system i dont see any way to correlate both service-now and splunk. Pls answer it so we can purchase the licenses as required.
Thanks for answer but as service now is a web based app. how to install splunk to be used with "service-now". Like any permissions need to be taken? and splunk can be integrated from our side or service now team? if from service now team is there some some kind of request to make to splunk or service-now for integration?