All Apps and Add-ons

Anyone integrate Splunk v4.x with Netcool yet?

maverick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Wondering if Splunk-2-Netcool integration will be upgraded for Splunk v4.x at all. I found this link

http://www.splunk.com/wiki/Community:Splunk_for_Netcool

on the Splunk wiki, but seems to be for Splunk v3.x, which I assume still works for 4.x on the back end, minus a couple tweaks to the base url, I imagine, since that changed a bit between versions. But just wanted to ask and be sure. Can anyone confirm a future Splunk 4.x version of Splunk-2_Netcool integration kit and if so, what's the ETA?

MadSplunker

www.guardianms.com has a good write up on this.

Sending SNMP Traps from Splunk Shows how to configure Splunk to send SNMP traps. Then just create Alerts in Splunk and set the action to run a script sending an SNMP Trap to Netcool.

Splunk Rules in Netcool Shows how to decipher the resulting SNMP Traps on the Netcool side and include them in Omnibus.

Cheers!

0 Karma

bkahlerventer
Explorer

Looks like the Application has been removed from SplunkBase, the link in the wiki goes nowhere...

0 Karma

maverick
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Has anyone gotten Splunk to send specific fields to their NetCool instances from an alert? If so, what did your script look like?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...