Hi

I have a search that returns a field called "Administrators"

Administrators

\DomainAdmins
\Backup Group
\Eventlog Administrators
user1
user2

for every entry that has a \ at the beginning I would like to put the word "Domain"

Domain\DomainAdmins
Domain\Backup Group
Domain\Eventlog Administrators
user1
user2

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ajdyer2000
Path Finder

Hi what would the new search look like?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

In @nickhillscpl's answer, replace first * with whatever search you've right now. Just add that | eval administrator... to end of your search.

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

can you provide the search you are using now?

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

This should work for you:

*|eval administrators=if(match(administrators, "^\\\.+"), "Domain".administrators, administrators)|table administrators

ajdyer2000
Path Finder

I get no results found with that

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

whats your starting search?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Probably want to put a carat ^ at the start of that, so it only matches at the beginning of the string.

"Match" returns true if the REGEX can find a match against any substring of SUBJECT.

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

good point. edited.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...