All Apps and Add-ons

use alternative port for pfsense

bstirling2307
Engager

I would like to use 8514 for the pfsense logs. as I have other hosts syslogs to 514. when i set up an input to the indexer on port 8514 pfsense source type dose not appear.

1 Solution

bstirling2307
Engager

solved this issue. PFsense service had to be restarted before the port change would take effect.

View solution in original post

bstirling2307
Engager

solved this issue. PFsense service had to be restarted before the port change would take effect.

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think this qualifies as an answer, and since it's the right answer, you should accept it for yourself. I have converted it to an answer for you already so I did the easy part. 🙂

(If done all the time accepting your own answers is not ideal, but occasionally accepting your own answer when it's The Right Thing is completely fine!)

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Post an example of your inputs.conf please.
And also a netstat to see whether splunk is actually listening on this port.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...