All Apps and Add-ons

splunkbase colored background

MuS
Legend

Dear Sirs

sorry if this was already asked 😕 unfortunately I don't know how it is called so I'm unable to search for it 🙂

I would like to know how you can make those colored backgrounds in splunkbase Answers like here in hexx's answer?

regards

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

The coloring and "code-friendly" font happen automatically when you indent a line with 4 leading spaces, e.g.

This line is indented with 4 spaces.

Note that the line need to have an empty line above it for this to take effect.

You can also specify tags yourself, such as <pre> and <code>.

You can see what goes on by clicking edit on my post, or for that matter, hexx's post in the question you referred to.

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

The coloring and "code-friendly" font happen automatically when you indent a line with 4 leading spaces, e.g.

This line is indented with 4 spaces.

Note that the line need to have an empty line above it for this to take effect.

You can also specify tags yourself, such as <pre> and <code>.

You can see what goes on by clicking edit on my post, or for that matter, hexx's post in the question you referred to.

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Hi Ayn, What's the app name for this colored background.

Thanks

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

@Kukkadapu, there is no special app for that it is based on Markdown as mentioned in the link of gkanapathy

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Editing is done using Markdown formatting: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/basics

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Thanks Ayn!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...