All Apps and Add-ons

splunk integration remedy

johan
Engager

Hello, 

i´m quite new to all this.

We aim to to integrate splunk to Remedy and later on ITSI/remedy to be able to create tickets etc.  

I´ve been told from our Remedy expert that we can´t use the Splunk Add-on for BMC Remedy because.

"splunk addon seems to be built for ITSM which is a pre built module from BMC. We have a custom made"

Anyone who has any opinions/input regarding his statement?
If we´re not able to use the addon, any recommendations on how to proceed?

regards Jonte

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @johan,

I have observed few things after installing and testing the Splunk Add-on for BMC Remedy with ITSI. Below is the list of my findings.​

• ​The TA can be installed and used for Ticket creation and all the functionalities are working fine.
  • The Assignee group will be taken by default by the Splunk TA. No control over the assignee group.​
  • It is because the Splunk TA WSDL Action(parameter) is using as PROCESS_EVENT for ticket creation. Whereas it supposed to be used Action as CREAT_INCIDENT for ticket creation.​
  • The CI information is not processing by TA correctly. So, we can't control the Assignee group.​

In order to proceed, you need to create the Custom Addon by using Splunk Add-on builder.

• Create a Separate WSDL and username and password in order to access Remedy.
  • And develop a script to Pass the payload in XML format to remedy.
  • Before passing the payload test the payload in the SOAP UI.

Tags (1)

johan
Engager

Hello, 

thanks for a thorough answer 🙂

Will check this out. 

0 Karma
Take the 2021 Splunk Career Survey

Help us learn about how Splunk has
impacted your career by taking the 2021 Splunk Career Survey.

Earn $50 in Amazon cash!