All Apps and Add-ons

splunk for XenApp perfmon not working

leandesk

hi not getting perfmon data into splunk..

here is the errors log from splunkd

12-21-2012 21:14:20.390 +0530 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" splunk-perfmon - Unable to add counter '\Process(*)\'  error 0xc0000bb9

12-21-2012 21:14:20.390 +0530 FATAL ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" Logger - caught SEH exception while trying to log!
Tags (1)
0 Karma

bmignosa_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This error was caused by a missing conf file. The download on splunkbase was missing a multikv.conf file. This should now be resolved.

0 Karma

dolph88

I am getting this same error as the original poster, except on a XenApp 5 server (2003 x32).
I just downloaded Splunk and all the components, currently running version 5.0.2, build 149561.

I have a multikv.conf file on my splunk server.

Is there a fix for this? With this problem the app functionality is very degraded.

0 Karma

stonecutter908

I'm having the exact same issue.

01-07-2013 11:55:07.349 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon" splunk-perfmon - Unable to add counter '\Process(*)\' error 0xc0000bb9

01-07-2013 11:55:07.349 -0500 ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command " &'C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\etc\apps\TA-XA65-Server\bin\powershell\splunk-perfmon.ps1'" -index xenapp_perfmon"
FATAL Logger - caught SEH exception while trying to log!

Also, the counters listed in perfmon.conf for TA-XA65-Server are not being collected. If I use the search app to queery "index=xenapp_perfmon", this is the only data I see ...

---splunk-perfmon-end-of-event---

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...