All Apps and Add-ons

sideview utils cannot edit/add/delete/reattach/runtimedebug

jasklee
Engager

hi guys, my sideview utils cannnot perform anything above...

and here is the only feedback when i try to click add

KeyError: 'no module found with id '

0 Karma

jasklee
Engager

guys, thing have been settled

I just reinstalled the sideview utils from
the website and everythings back to normal

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK. Very interesting. It sounds like something in the app and the view you're trying to load causes a javascript error when the page loads. In the lower right panel does the view hang with "Loading..." in the top right corner?

If you open the JS console are there any javascript errors listed there. You might have to filter out a lot of warn and info and a lot of CSS errors. Only js errors are interesting. Feel free to email me at nick [at] sideviewapps.com I'd like to help track this problem down whatever it is.

0 Karma

jasklee
Engager

The sideview_utils apps and example_view view works fine, i can do all these add/edit etc

But once i switch the App to other app and other view, it totally cannot work

I can type word inside "Choose a module to edit", but i cant select a module to edit

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hmm. . That's the error you would get if you submitted the "Add new module" panel without clicking a module in the schematic pane.

Can you break down when and how you're getting that error? Are you clicking a module in the schematic panel (the upper right pane showing modules as boxes and upstream/downstream relationships as lines)? When you click a module in the schematic pane is the "add a new module below" field not populating? It should populate with a weird looking value like "Search_0_2_0", but one way or another for you the form is submitting with that field blank.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Does that happen for every view or just one particular view?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...