All Apps and Add-ons

s.o.s "view results" drilldown doesn't yield the same search results than its panel

changwoo
Communicator

i am trying to use the dashboard that sos app is supporting

when i click result i can get this search query

index=sos sourcetype="ps" host="SIS1-SERVER1"
| multikv
| eval type=case(like(ARGS, "%search%"),"searches",like(ARGS, "%root.py_%start%") OR like(COMMAND, "%splunkweb%") OR (like(COMMAND,"%python%") AND like(ARGS,"%appserver%")), "Splunk Web",like(ARGS,"%-p_%start%") OR (like(COMMAND,"%splunkd%") AND like(ARGS, "service")),"splunkd server")
| eval RSZ_MB=RSZ_KB/1024
| eval VSZ_MB=VSZ_KB/1024
| bin _time span=5s
| stats first(pctCPU) AS pctCPU, first(RSZ_MB) AS RSZ_MB, first(VSZ_MB) AS VSZ_MB first(type) AS type by PID _time

| stats sum(pctCPU) AS pctCPU, sum(RSZ_MB) AS RSZ_MB, sum(VSZ_MB) AS VSZ_MB by type, _time
| bin _time span=10s
| sistats avg(pctCPU), median(pctCPU), median(RSZ_MB), median(VSZ_MB) by type, _time

alt text

but! when i tried it in my own dashboard this didn't work like the app dashboard
what can i do
i tried timechart but the result was different .

1 Solution

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is because this dashboard uses a PostProcess search to drive several panels with one root search. Unfortunately, this doesn't play too well with default drill downs which only show you the results for the root search.

If you want to show results as this panel displays them, you need to manually add to PostProcess search command corresponding to this panel as gathered from the view XML.

Here, the PostProcess in question looks like this:

chart median(RSZ_MB) over _time by type

So, the search you need is:

| multikv
| eval type=case(like(ARGS, "%search%"),"searches",like(ARGS, "%root.py_%start%") OR like(COMMAND, "%splunkweb%") OR (like(COMMAND,"%python%") AND like(ARGS,"%appserver%")), "Splunk Web",like(ARGS,"%-p_%start%") OR (like(COMMAND,"%splunkd%") AND like(ARGS, "service")),"splunkd server")
| bin _time span=5s
| stats first(pctCPU) AS pctCPU, first(RSZ_MB) AS RSZ_MB, first(VSZ_MB) AS VSZ_MB first(type) AS type by PID _time

| stats sum(pctCPU) AS pctCPU, sum(RSZ_MB) AS RSZ_MB, sum(VSZ_MB) AS VSZ_MB by type, _time
| bin _time span=10s
| sistats avg(pctCPU), median(pctCPU), median(RSZ_MB), median(VSZ_MB) by type, _time
| chart median(RSZ_MB) over _time by type

View solution in original post

hexx
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is because this dashboard uses a PostProcess search to drive several panels with one root search. Unfortunately, this doesn't play too well with default drill downs which only show you the results for the root search.

If you want to show results as this panel displays them, you need to manually add to PostProcess search command corresponding to this panel as gathered from the view XML.

Here, the PostProcess in question looks like this:

chart median(RSZ_MB) over _time by type

So, the search you need is:

| multikv
| bin _time span=5s

| bin _time span=10s
| chart median(RSZ_MB) over _time by type

changwoo
Communicator

thanks!!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...