All Apps and Add-ons

report index frequency

akshaykaul
Explorer

I am finally able to configure and get the data indexed into splunk via the salesforce report app,
I am just willing to understand what actually triggers the report to be indexed?
CUrrently I am only able to get it to index when i disable/enable the Input on the app.
Have tried running the report in salesforce but this does not get the data / report indexed.

any insight please?

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

edavison
Explorer

The saved report is indexed at the interval (in seconds) configured in the input. I believe the default is once every 24hrs (86,400sec). The saved report does not have to be scheduled in Salesforce as the input requests a new export at each interval. It is advised you coordinate/synchronize this to align with the time window (if applicable) configured in your stored Salesforce report.

Keep in mind, some reports can take awhile for Salesforce to generate and return the data so your interval must allow for it complete and complete indexing before executing again. Also, running too frequently may cause data overlap or other undesired impacts.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

akshaykaul
Explorer

Hi ,
Can i ask about the purge option. Does it apply to KV store only.?
If i am just indexing the report (no Kv store) ; in that case are the already indexed records purged on every interval?

0 Karma

akshaykaul
Explorer

@edavison
Thank you for your reply. yes i soon realised the interval setting after posting this question. 🙂
good to know that it actually trigger a report to run on the interval and pull a fresh extract in which can yes there is no need to schedule.
I was goin to shedule the report run just before interval but i guess dont need that now.
Cheers..

0 Karma

edavison
Explorer

The saved report is indexed at the interval (in seconds) configured in the input. I believe the default is once every 24hrs (86,400sec). The saved report does not have to be scheduled in Salesforce as the input requests a new export at each interval. It is advised you coordinate/synchronize this to align with the time window (if applicable) configured in your stored Salesforce report.

Keep in mind, some reports can take awhile for Salesforce to generate and return the data so your interval must allow for it complete and complete indexing before executing again. Also, running too frequently may cause data overlap or other undesired impacts.

0 Karma

akshaykaul
Explorer
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...