All Apps and Add-ons

"Include only new or changed entries" option is not working

cogrunc

Hello,

Although I clicked "Include only new or changed entries" check box, all RSS feeds continue to be imported in Splunk. Can you help me to get only new or changed RSS data?

Thanks,

0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

The RSS feed (https://www.usom.gov.tr/rss/zararli-baglanti.rss) doesn't include a date field for the entries which is why the app isn't filtering them. The entries need to have a pubDate element to support automatic filtering.

You could handle this in search. For example, below is a search that deduplicates the entries and uses the time field to indicate when the item was first observed.

source="syndication://answers_239153" | stats earliest(_time) as earliest latest(_time) as last_seen by title | convert ctime(earliest) ctime(last_seen) | sort title

View solution in original post

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

The RSS feed (https://www.usom.gov.tr/rss/zararli-baglanti.rss) doesn't include a date field for the entries which is why the app isn't filtering them. The entries need to have a pubDate element to support automatic filtering.

You could handle this in search. For example, below is a search that deduplicates the entries and uses the time field to indicate when the item was first observed.

source="syndication://answers_239153" | stats earliest(_time) as earliest latest(_time) as last_seen by title | convert ctime(earliest) ctime(last_seen) | sort title
0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Could you provide the URL if the feed is public? I can debug it from there. Otherwise, I can provide some guidance based on the logs.

0 Karma

cogrunc
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...