All Apps and Add-ons

nCircle - Splunk for nCircle: How to install the nCircle API?

declan727
Engager

The documentation does not discuss how to install the nCircle API. I am having a problem getting additional python modules installed for Splunk's Python on Windows.

0 Karma

vladimirvlad

Hi Declan

nCircleAPI is available in the bin folder of the App itself. The nCircleAPI is automatically included by the App's python scripts.

In order to run the scripts, Python interpreter should be available on the OS - for Windows check here: https://www.python.org/downloads/

0 Karma

declan727
Engager

Interesting. I am currently attempting to use the python version that comes with Splunk. When I attempt to run the getAuditLog.py manually I am receiving the following:

getConfigFile: Warning: Cannot read config file or wrong json structure!
xmlrpclib fault: 1139 EBADREF: Invalid object reference

I am trying to figure out what its choking on.

0 Karma

vladimirvlad

Try to run the python with the debugger (python -m pdb getAuditLog.py) and break the code at lines 31, 34 and 38 (e.g. b 31) where xmlrpclib calls are being performed. Continue with the script (type c) and when reaching the breakpoints, step over the call (using n or s) to find the the issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...