All Apps and Add-ons

ldapsearch path/base parameter manipulation and command reference

dmcinnis

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at using ldapsearch / ldapfilter in a search I am launching, and I wish to change at which location the ldapsearch will look for specific objects and attributes.

using this syntax from inside the search page :

|ldapsearch domain=internal search="(objectCategory=computer)" attrs="cn,userAccountControl" | table cn userAccountControl

I get a list of computer objects and their userAccountControl values.

However I wish to only search for objects that reside in specific OU's in the AD structure.
I cannot seem to find the command reference for all parameters for "ldapsearch" within splunk that would indicate how to select parts of a domain structure.
Or can you use the full ldapsearch with command line parameters inside the search bar like "ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -b ou=myou,dc=mydomain1,dc=mydomain2,dc=mydomaintld objectCategory=computer attrs="cn,userAccountControl" and so forth? I tried this maybe inproperly and got nothing but errors.

Many thanks for any information or guidance
David.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi dmcinnis,

Take a look at this app http://apps.splunk.com/app/1852/ it can be used like the *nix ldapsearch command.

cheers, MuS

dmcinnis

I found a way of restricting it somehow by adding a | search "ou=XYZ ABC " as a second search afterwards. Possibly there is a better method of accomplishing this however.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...