All Apps and Add-ons

how to connect KNIME with Splunk?

AnujaJadhav2
Explorer

Hello,

I am using KNIME to clean data and Splunk for data analytics and visualization.

I would like to connect these tools together where KNIMEcan act as a data source for Splunk.

I was wondering if there is any solution for this?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

lbondkennedy_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think the most straightforward option is to have KNIME output files to a directory and have Splunk monitor it with a forwarder. Another option, though to me less straightforward, is to use a HTTP node in KNIME to send data via HTTP to Splunk, see Splunk HTTP Event Collector.

vr2312
Contributor

I am not sure if KNIME can act as a Data Source for Splunk cause it is mostly the other way around.

You can look into the below external documentation for it and probably play around with Splunk DB Connect to role-reverse the requirement.

Use Splunk DB Connect to connect to KNIME, read data from KNIME and inject it into Splunk.

https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/splunk-jdbc-knime.rst

0 Karma

AnujaJadhav2
Explorer

Splunk cannot clean free text data like KNIME. I am building tag clouds in Splunk with the cleaned data. I saw Splunk DB connect but I was looking for KNIME -> Splunk connection.

0 Karma

vr2312
Contributor

I do not think that would be applicable, but as i say, never say never. Go ahead and play around !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...