All Apps and Add-ons

how can i set a default Splunk Version selection on the documentation site?

amortiz
Explorer

Is there a way to add the Splunk version I use to my profile?
If so will my future search results be based on version.
Thanks.

1 Solution

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i've added this to the list of features to consider for our eventual user profile improvements project!

currently, the Splunk documentation platform uses a cookie to remember what version of the documentation you used when you were logged in last. once you select a version from the drop-down menu, you should see that same version selected by default the next time you visit the site and log in.

if this is not working for you, it's possible that your browser is set to refuse cookies.

View solution in original post

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i've added this to the list of features to consider for our eventual user profile improvements project!

currently, the Splunk documentation platform uses a cookie to remember what version of the documentation you used when you were logged in last. once you select a version from the drop-down menu, you should see that same version selected by default the next time you visit the site and log in.

if this is not working for you, it's possible that your browser is set to refuse cookies.

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As far as I know, there is not a way to do this. But seems like a nice feature request!

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

+1 from my side

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...